No frames, no flash, no long
wait times for the page to pop up.
Make Trespasser Secrets Your Home Page
Charles K. Hughes
- I'm on vacation from 12/18/2000 through 1/7/2001.
I've be visiting Florida with my new digital
camcorder. If I'm allowed to record the Jurassic Park
stuff at Universal, you can expect a short movie to appear
on this site when I get back. :)
- Added Will Simpson's new trespasser website http://burroughs-city.freeservers.com
to links page.
- Added Isle
Sorna source file.
- Nothing new on reverse-engineering Trespasser, sorry.
Long time between updates here. I've been busy with RL
so I haven't done any RE work. However, Zandor has been
hard at work creating the newest version of the Isle
Sorna/Trespasser map. I've kept the old one up as well, but true die-hards
will want to get the newest version.
- At 6:25pm EST, the first successful recreation of a GRF
took place. I'd like to kill the guy who created the GRF
format myself. It's been fun, but now is the time for
serious work - cracking the SCN file. I'm not posting
a downloadable proof of concept because the file size is
just too big even for the testscene. And, I don't have any
pictures, because I haven't figured out how to show what
- Ah, looking for news are you...well, just so happens
that I got some. I've managed to recreate the Assembly table
and it looks correct though it probably has a few bugs in
it. Anyway, tomorrow (it's 11:48pm right now :) I'll
be working on recreating the GRF. I don't think I'll
have any problems with doing that, and it should be
considerably easier than recreating the Assembly
table. So, look for the GRF Proof-of-concept to be
posted tomorrow night. Right now though, I need some
- Weekends come and go way too fast. I got to act
this past weekend as an expert witness at a mock
trial. Then I goofed off and fragged all day on Sunday
in Unreal Tournament. Monday I worked a bit on
Trespasser and I'm working on right now. Only taking
time out to update Bill Browns's music link and post this
little note. I don't foresee anything preventing me
from posting the newest proof this coming weekend, maybe
- Well, doesn't look like I'll get proof up this
weekend. Between helping my brother build his house,
driving the kids to soccer, theatre & church, and
working on my computer and my son's computer I haven't had
much time. Anyway, I'll be working on it tomorrow and
the proof should be available by next weekend.
- A couple of new previews/postmortem items on the Links
- I've upgraded my computer: 800mhz AMD Athlon
Thunderbird, ABIT KT7-Raid Motherboard, 256mb PC133 ram,
45gb 75GXP IBM Deskstar HD, SBLive Platinum, GEForce2
(Creative Annihilator), and a Chrome Orb to cool the
CPU. Bitching fast...53fps
- Been working on the upgrading so the RE stuff has been
delayed. However, I've gotten a nice breakdown of the
object Attributes, and I'm working on the object Mapping and
Material portions now. Work is coming along nicely
with no problems so expect a proof-of-concept next weekend.
- Updated the Reverse-Engineering
section with the latest news.
- Added new utility
(by Andres) to extract screen shot from saved games
- mini screen shots added to all save game downloads
- 8 new saved
games added - All the new saved games are at the end of
the level just beyond the point where the game normally
sends you to the next level. Be aware that on some
levels there are multiple points that will send you to the
next level, this is especially true with Level 1: The Beach.
- Fixed various broken links
- Trespasser Level Audio editor v1.0.2 released.
Intro fixed (hit escape to skip it), minor fixes, smaller
size. If you've tried TLAe before and had a problem,
please try it again and let me know if the problem remains.
- Updated the Forums listing and the
Links page to remove dead forums
& broken links and to add previews and reviews.
- Updated Reverse-Engineering page with a quick note
on what's going on.
- Updated Easter eggs page
with new additions.
- Updated Bugs & Cheat pages
to include a note about Shock
- Updated the Toxin rifle cheat.
- Added "Useless Bugs" to the Bugs
- Added a Humor page.
- Added a link to Bill
Brown's music - he's the composer of the Trespasser
- Added Zandor's work on changing terrain files for each
level to My Patches
- TLAe should get an update this month.
- TLAe version 1.0.1
released. The original had a few bugs, including one
that prevented sound files from being created. This
update also allows the user to skip the intro by hitting the
ESCAPE key. To use the new version you must download
the original and install it first.
- Trespasser Level Audio editor - version
1.0, courtesy of the Trespasser Reverse Engineering Society.
Now everyone gets to play with the audio in
Trespasser. If it doesn't work for you, let me know
what happens so I can fix it. Suggestions for making
it better are always welcomed.
- The new toxin rifle cheat
is flawed - it doesn't work on some levels.
- Andres has released a new version of GeomExt.
An actual screen shot from 3ds Max of a raptor extracted
from Trespasser is below. [Image
removed, click here to view]
- Thanks go out to Wei
Ho for his artistic talents and the sharing of
same. Put another way, he provided me with several
original models and textures for Trespasser. These
will be put to good use in my continuing efforts to reverse
- Site updated - section "Whats Inside" renamed to
"Reverse Engineering", links updated, JPnet link
- Andres James, Ken Taylor (PenguiN42 of the original THS),
and myself have been working on reverse engineering
Trespasser. All of our current notes and public utilities
are available on my Reverse
- I discovered a new cheat
- Andres has successfully created GeomExt v0.1. It's
a program to extract models from Trespasser into the 3d
Studio Max .3ds format. Though it doesn't handle
textures yet, it is nevertheless a huge leap forward in
the quest to reverse-engineer the Trespasser level format.
(Sorry, the program isn't available yet, and isn't much
use either unless you happen to have 3d Studio Max.)
- Ken successfully replaced a couple of textures in the
testscene. A few screen shots are available.
While this is not a quantum leap forward in decoding the
Trespasser level formats, it is a very important
- Three old demo level saved
- What's happening? I've been busy, plus the
holidays, plus a few new games have kept me away from
continuing my story or working on Trespasser
hacking. With the great help of a new Trespasser
fanatic (hiya Andres), and an old one (hiya Ken) we've
gotten a lot farther in understanding the Trespasser file
formats. Andres has been able to pull some modelling
and texturing information from the game files to create a
few images. My own Trespasser decoding program is
capable of pulling audio & texture files out
now. I hope to be able to pull out complete 3ds Max
models before the end of the month.
Old News 1999
Last updated Thursday, July 26, 2001 12:20 PM